Begin Main Content Area

​Common Questions

What should I do if my insurance won't cover COVID-19 testing or treatment?

If you have an excepted benefit policy, short-term, limited duration health insurance coverage, or a health care sharing ministry plan, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act may provide coverage for your COVID-19 testing as an uninsured person.  

However, if you believe your insurance company should be covering COVID-19 testing or treatment but is not, you can file a complaint with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department. The Pennsylvania Insurance Department consumer services team can be reached by visiting or by phone at (877) 881-6388.