Who pays for COVID-19 diagnostic testing/treatment if needed?
Community Health Choices (CHC)
Lab Tests: If you have a Community Health Choices plan, all lab tests, including tests for COVID-19, are covered without copayments or prior authorization
Treatment coverage includes:
- X-rays and diagnostic testing (no prior authorization required)
- Hospital care (inpatient and outpatient)
- Emergency Ambulance Transportation
- Non-emergency transportation to MA covered appointments
- Home health services
- Nursing facility care
- Prescription drugs (early refills and extended supplies now available)
- Any medically necessary service for people under the age of 21
*note most CHC enrollees are dually eligible, so Medicare is the primary payer. Only people over the age of 21 are enrolled in CHC.
Telemedicine Coverage: CHCs follow the Medicare telehealth policy
Types of Virtual Services:
There are three main types of virtual services physicians and other professionals can provide to Medicare beneficiaries: Medicare telehealth visits, virtual check-ins and e-visits.
Currently, Medicare patients may use telecommunication technology for office, hospital visits and other services that generally occur in-person. For additional information view the Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet.
Services paid the same as if they were rendered face-to-face for both behavioral and physical health