Who pays for COVID-19 diagnostic testing/treatment if needed?
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Lab Testing: If you have a plan through CHIP, all lab tests, including tests for COVID-19, are covered without copayments or prior authorization
Treatment coverage includes:
- Physician services including sick and urgent care visits, house-calls in the physician's service area and telehealth services with a family practitioner, general practitioner or pediatrician (copays waived)
- Urgent care services.
- X-rays and diagnostic testing with an order from your Primary Care Physician, specialist or facility provider.
- Hospital care (Inpatient and Outpatient).
- Emergency ambulance transportation
- Home health and home and community-based health care services.
- Nursing care services.
- Prescription drugs.
- Over-the-counter medications for fever relief, cough preparations as well as medications related to the treatment of virus symptoms when prescribed by your physician and part of the CHIP MCO's formulary. Co-pays may apply.
Telehealth Coverage: A CHIP Managed Care Organization is authorized to utilize telehealth the same as a physician office visit for examination, diagnosis and treatment of an illness provided the service is provided by the family practitioner, general practitioner or pediatrician.