|What can I use the CSO Portal for?||With the CSO portal, you can:|
- Create a user account to submit a complaint against an insurance company, insurance producer (agent/broker), or public adjuster
- Upload documents to support your complaint
- Communicate online with the Bureau of Consumer Services Investigator assigned to your complaint
- View documents uploaded by the Investigator assigned to your complaint
- Ask a general insurance question and receive a response from an Investigator
- Maintain a history of your filed complaints and questions
|How do I access the CSO Portal?||Visit the Consumer Services Portal Login Page to either create a new account or log in to an existing account.|
|How do I log into the portal for the first time?||When you use the CSO portal for the first time, you will be asked to create a personalized account. To do this, you will enter an email address and select a password:|
Email: You must enter a valid email address because the email address you enter will be used to communicate with you about your complaint or question. The email address field is case-sensitive, so each time you log into the CSO, you must enter your email address exactly as you did when you completed your initial account registration.
Password: The password you select must:
- Be at least 8 characters,
- Include at least 1 lowercase and 1 uppercase character and,
- Include at least 1 number
|I have an account but can't log in or forgot my login information, what do I do now?|
- Verify you've entered your email address correctly. Remember,
the email address field is case-sensitive. You must enter your email address exactly as you did when you completed your initial account registration. If you are not sure how you entered your email address, and have submitted a question or complaint you can find the "Portal Submission Acknowledgement" email you received. The email address you registered with will appear in the "To:' line of that email exactly
as it must be entered to log into the portal.
- If you don't know your password, you can select the 'Forgot Your Password' link from the CSO portal login page. You will receive an email with instructions. You must complete this process within 30 minutes, or the system will "time out" and you will need to start over.
- If you are still unable to log in, contact our office at 1-877-881-6388 (press 3 and hold on the line to speak to an Investigator).
|Updating Your Information|
I need to update my email address AND I have an open/pending question or complaint.
Call us at 1-877-881-6388 and press 3 to speak with an Investigator who will assist with this change.
NOTE: Updating your email address will not change your login information. It will only allow you to receive new updates regarding your complaint.
I need to update my email address and I DO NOT have an open/pending question or complaint.
When you are ready to ask your new question or file your new complaint, simply create a new CSO account and use the new account when asking a question or filing a complaint.
Information in my CSO portal account, OTHER THAN my email address has changed. What do I do now?
You can change most of your account information on the CSO; however, the Investigator is not automatically notified when you make changes.
NOTE: To notify the Investigator that your account has been changed, add a comment to your open complaint and the Investigator assigned to your case will be notified.
Submitting a Question or Complaint|
How will I know if my question or complaint was received by the department?
Once you have submitted your question or complaint you should immediately see a message on the page that says: "Your complaint has been successfully submitted."
You will also see a complaint ID number; please keep this number for future reference. It is your receipt that the Department has received your complaint. Reference this number when communicating with the Department or submitting documentation regarding your complaint.
NOTE: Please DO NOT submit multiple complaints on the same issues. You can use the comment section of your complaint to communicate with your Investigator or provide updates.
Lastly, you will receive a confirmation email to the address you provided.
|I didn't receive a confirmation email. Is something wrong?||It may take several minutes for you to receive the email confirmation.|
If you still haven't received it:
- Check your spam and junk filter,
- Log into the CSO portal and check that your question/complaint is listed,
- If you still have questions, call us at 1-877-881-6388 and press 3 to speak to an Investigator
|Will I get updates on the status of my question or complaint?||Yes! You will receive an email notification for the following events and activities:|
- When your question/complaint has been successfully created,
- If the Investigator posts a comment on your account,
- If the Investigator uploads an electronic document to your file
|Submitting Documents & Additional Documentation |
|How do I add supporting documentation to my question or complaint?||There are 2 ways to do this:|
- The best way is to upload your documents directly to your question or complaint. Login to the CSO portal, click on your existing question/complaint, and upload your documents there!
- Mail your documents to: Pennsylvania Insurance Department, Bureau of Consumer Services, 1209 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, and reference your Complaint ID number.